Our client is the world leader in delivering innovation in communications, mobility, information and entertainment. They provide superior broadband, video and other wireless and wire line services to consumers, businesses, governments and wholesale customers across the globe.
Position: Equipment Engineer
Length of Contract: 8 months
Location: Southfield, MI 48075
Specific responsibilities include:
- Engineering, provisioning and implementation of Lucent ECP and 5ESS switching systems.
- Forecast future switch needs including, but not limited to, SM’s, PSU’s, Circuit packs, floor space & power.
- Ensure proper switch expansion to support growth of all MSC platforms
- Develop and issue planning report for switches to be utilized by Region & HQ
- Work closely with Area and Manager to prepare and review annual budget
- Track all capital requirements related to the switches
- Monitor all equipment expenditures
- Prepare purchase orders and ensure vendor payment utilizing PeopleSoft
- Equipment procurement & optimization
- Ensure optimum equipment utilization and efficiency.
- Oversee equipment installation and acceptance
- Design, procure equipment and manage construction of new MSC’s.
- Aid in design, procure equipment and manage switch expansions.
- Candidate must have experience with Lucent Switches.
- In addition, experience and proficiency in Xpercom and Watchmark are desired.
- Must be self-motivated and have ability to complete tasks with little supervision.
- Strong Project Management and Communication skills with the ability to work closely with team members.
- B.S. Degree or minimum of 5 years equivalent Telecommunications experience.
- Previous experience with project/construction management of mobile switching centers desired.
- Proficiency in Xpercom and WatchMark are desired.
- Experience with ALU switch equipment.
- Must be self-managed and motivated.
- Experience in managing budgets and PeopleSoft skills a plus.
- CCNA desired.
Primary Skill Requirements:
- Experience with Ericsson, ALU, Cisco equipment in LTE/AWS environments.
- Previous work experience with Granite/XNG preferred.
If interested Contact Below:
Name: Rebecca Henderson
E-Mail Resume: M63591@accuick.com