This position performs operation and implementation of computer systems and is the expert skill deploying and maintaining virtual desktop infrastructure and ensures that all operational systems, databases, workflow processes, job schedules and networks are working properly and accessible to authorized personnel. Provides client support to corporate users and provides additional hands on support in the areas of windows administration and all hardware/software installations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with data center operations and help desk personnel to make sure all systems and applications are working properly such as databases, networks,and PC’s.
- Provides engineering support and monitors all key operational systemmetrics and provide monthly reporting of those metrics to management.
- Consistently works to enhance system performance and systems availability.
- Provides input to the periodic updates to the Corporate Disaster Recovery Plan to ensure plan is up
- to date and consistent with current practices, system configurations, andoperational procedures.
- Assists in coordination of support from vendors when systems experienceproblems. Provides
- 24×7 hardware and software support for infrastructure components.
- Maintains images for field and corporate users.
- Other duties as assigned by management
In depth knowledge of VDI technologies
- Candidate should be highly technical and knowledgeable on Windows operating systems, hardware configurations, and peripheral support.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a fast cliented, high operations environment.
- Self starter, working knowledge of best operational practices, ability tounderstand the complex working of the internal workflow systems and the interrelationship of systems within the workflow.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows OS Environments, TCP/IP
- networking, enterprise backup/recovery systems/processes, and imaging systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Absolute commitment to customer service and a “can-do attitude.
Periodic travel within the United States is required to our financial client but not more than 25%., candidate must maintain a valid drivers license for travel.
Candidate should have a minimum of 3-4 years experience in a fast cliented, high operations environment.
BS Degree in a technical curriculum or equivalent work experience.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re qualified! This is a fantastic opportunity.